Gojek is looking for a General Accounting Assistant (preferred the one who is purchasing the ACCA program or had become an ACCA member) who will play a pivotal role in the 4 Wheel segment in Gojek Vietnam’s Accounting team. With this role, you are going to take the wheel in managing the BS/PL reconciliation, revenue reconciliation billing, and collection process to ensure on-time billing, collection clearing, minimize company loss. Your efforts will bolster the 4 Wheel segments’ accounting efficiencies, and further position Gojek Vietnam as the most preferred delivery services platform in the region and beyond.
- Position: General Accounting Assistant
- Department: Finance, Accounting and Tax (FAT) team
- Reporting: Accounting Manager
- Work Location: Binh Thanh District, Ho Chi Minh City
About Gojek VN:
Gojek is Southeast Asia’s leading technology group and a pioneer of the integrated super app model. In Vietnam, with the goal of uplifting the daily life of Vietnamese people, we currently offer convenient services for motorbike ride-hailing (GoRide), food delivery (GoFood), and courier (GoSend) – and we’re working on the rest!
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. Are you ready to fall in love with your new role and meet your great new colleagues?
About the team:
Our Accounting Team is a part of the larger FAT team, which consists of 1 CFO, 1 Head of Finance, 2 Senior Managers, and 10 team members based in Ho Chi Minh & Hanoi. Working alongside the Finance, Financial Planning & Control team, we manage Gojek Vietnam’s accounting processes, including establishing an effective and efficient workflow within the accounting team and liaising with the internal and external parties.
As a team, we constantly keep tabs with the ever-dynamic evolution of accounting theory and its daily implementation to deliver qualified financial service products with less friction to our users. Every product is unique and requires a specific accounting assessment at every stage. As geeky as it sounds, we are passionate about identifying and resolving accounting-reporting-related issues. Currently, we’ve been hard at work on a financial reporting & reconciliation process, which will help GoFin establish more reliable data and a more effective financial reporting process.
What you will do:
- Manage monthly reconcile balance sheet and P/L fluctuation; conduct reconciliation between OMS/ GoPay interface data to SAP, and on GoPay wallets between accounting book vs GoPay
- Manage driver tax calculation and booking to SAP; handle timely tax invoice issued according to tax regulation for all Gojek VN’s services
- Coordinate with Business stakeholders and provide fast updates to the SAP team to enhance and ensure the accuracy of the SAP interface for any new schemes, pricing, and promotions
- Work with Collection team to finalize recorded sales and merchant-partner account receivables on a timely basis, and follow up with Collection and Sales team about merchant-partners’ balance accounts regularly
- Handle adjustments and issue credit notes related to merchant-partners’ adjustments, and resolve any related merchant-partner discrepancies
- Monitor merchants-partner accounts to identify outstanding and aging account receivables; establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with the Sales team and merchant-partners
- Reconcile between sales and VAT output in SAP system vs. monthly VAT tax returns; resolve problems and make recommendations for improving reconciliation & collection processes
- Review billing preparation process and reconcile to ensure accuracy and completeness of billing issued to merchant-partner
- Other tasks as assigned by Accounting Manager and CFO
What you will need:
- At least 3 years of experience in Reconciliation and general accounting task, analyzing data, and working with numbers
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Overall computer literary, including Word and PowerPoint, with advanced proficiency
- Sharp attention to detail to manage reconciliation tasks well
- Strong problem-solving and time management skills to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent communication abilities to work with cross-functional/ international teams
- Strong team player capable of driving change and initiatives and deliver quality work within tight deadlines
Please kindly send your CV and other related documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.