JOB TITTLE: Risk and Compliance Management Senior Officer
REPORTING TO: Distribution Risk and Compliance Management Senior Manager
JOB GRADE: 3B
Prudential Vietnam (“PVA”) is a market leader in Vietnam Insurance Industry with estimated market share of 33%. The Prudential Vietnam Assurance ( PVA)’s medium term strategy from 2017 to 2021 is to lead the VN market by delivering 20,000bio profitable APE and be ahead of the direct competitor by 10% market share by year 2021. To achieve this strategy, PVA sets 3 key strategic initiatives:
1: Optimize GA Icon (“The Pru-Icon”),
2: Build Urban Relevance (“The Pru-Urban”) by 2 components: development of full time professional advisors and RMs proposition in key urban cities,
3: Profitable Partnership (including Banca distribution and non-bank partnership)
This job holder will play crucial role in managing and coordinating all PCA and PVA assignment for Risk and Compliance matters within Distribution. The job holder is also in charge of preparing all reports to external parties, and assisting the R&C Management Senior Manager in PVA and PCA exercises related to Risk and Compliance matters, perform data analytic to identify fraudulent activities, monitor the Distribution performance trends and other related matters, and other request from Line Manager
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week.
The responsibilities of the R&C Management Senior Officer consist of but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring monthly management information (MI) reports, tracking quality of sales activities in conjunction with company’s policies, including, but not limited to, customer commitments policy, suitability requirements, sales conducts and practices, including management of TR/RB, sufficient and proper training and licensing, management of customer money, etc.
- Perform data analytic on Suspicious Activities, including but not limited to Fraudulent activities, misconduct, and agents’ attitude and root-cause analysis to come up with the Action Plans for identified issues
- Meet with representatives of Risk Division [Legal, Compliance, ERM] on the issues noted, the improvements to be done and things need to consider by the concerned distribution forces.
- Perform thorough and continuous SQA activities, including field spot-check/reviews, with related parties with objectives to ensure determined action plans are practicable, relevant and able to address root causes of identified risks/issues.
- Monitor the progress of actions (owned directly by the respective sales forces), and update the same to the SC at its meeting interval
- Conduct communication, sharing or training to sales forces for purposes of raising awareness on company policies and requirements.
- Support Distribution manager in circulating and communicating the critical guidelines and/or policies to agents/sales staff in local offices/banks.
- Drive process improvement and policy development initiatives that impact the function
- Gain and update job knowledge to remain informed about novelty in the field
- Other direct request from Line Manager
Key Success Factors:
- Proven working experience related to Accounting, Auditing, Planning, Finance, Business Analysis, Consulting or Internal Control (required for Senior Level/ A plus but not required for Junior Level)
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office
- Hands on experience with reporting and analysis for the assigned indicators
- Excellent Professional presentation, reporting and communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Proven knowledge of operational forecasting and diagnosis, corporate governance, sale performance and information analysis
- Well informed in current operational and financial subjects, accounting, tax laws, money market and business environments
- Has abilities to transfer knowledge, training and work independently
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics , Statistic or related fields
- Detailed oriented and has the ability to think out-of-the-box
- Experiences in related industries such as banking, insurance, accounting, auditing or consulting are not required but a plus