|Job Title: Chief Accountant||Location: HCMC, Vietnam|
|Reports to: CFO and Finance Manager||Position Code: FIN-CA|
|Department: Finance||No. of Direct Reports:|
|Nationality: Vietnamese||Languages: English and Vietnamese|
|IT Skills: ERP||Other Skills: Tax and Accounting|
- Organize and manage the overall operations of Accounting Department and ensure accounting is done in accordance with Vietnamese accounting system.
- Guide and supervise all activities of Accounting department, assure the accounting administration operate effectively in accordance with the development of the company.
- Carry out specific tasks on accounting area of the company as assigned by the Finance Manager, CFO, Managing Director and the Board of management, in accordance with the accounting regimes and the guidelines of various departments of the government.
- Manager and supervise the staff reasonably to promote the work efficiency.
- Train and develop the staff to enhance the operational efficiency of the department, adapting the job requirements of the company.
- Assign and define responsibilities for the department and individuals. Supervise and encourage staff to complete the assigned tasks efficiently.
- Take active part in recruiting staff for the department.
- Evaluate performance of staff and help them improve on necessary skills for the job.
- Organize recording and updating all transactions and events accurately to manage the
- capital employed, income and expenditure items and ensuring safeguarding of the assets as per the relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Organize to perform inventory count of fixed assets, raw materials, finished goods and work in process.
- Suggest to the management ways to enhance productivity and business of the company.
- Update circulars, latest regulations issued by the Ministry of Finance, General Department of Taxation, documents of the government related to business and production activities of the company. Guide other related members to implement these updates.
- Examine the application of government policies into business and production activities of the company.
- Organize calculating and paying taxes and other charges to the government departments to ensure compliance.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for taxes and other reports on tax settlement as per the requirements of the company, bank, general department of
- statistics and other related departments.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly financial and non-financial reports of the company on timely basis.
- Liaise with the auditor and tax consultants of the company to complete the audit and tax related tasks efficiently.
- Provide advice to the CFO for the changes in the accounting and tax regime so that they can be implemented on timely basis.
- Work closely with the CFO and HR Manager for managing the accounting, finance and admin staff.
- Any other tasks as assigned by CFO and/or Managing Director.
- The chief accountant will report to the CFO functionally and to the finance manager administratively.
- There will also be additional reporting responsibilities towards the Managing Director, Board of Directors and other Vietnamese authorities, on the need basis
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following requirements:
- A valid Chief Accountant certificate from the Ministry of Finance.
- Not over two years of experience in dealing with the accounting and tax matters.
- Must hold a professional qualification from overseas or working towards one, such as CMA, ACCA, etc.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new changes in the accounting and legal framework.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented and responsible team-player.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English and Vietnamese.
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Compensation and Benefits:
- For the right candidate, we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including holidays, as per the law.
- An excellent career growth opportunity for the young candidates.
- Typically required to work from Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm.
- Training will be provided to enable the candidate to perform the tasks.
Initially a six months contract will be offered with the possibility to extend it in the future after the satisfactory completion of the internship period.